The stunning and romantic county of Somerset makes the perfect place to say those special words. From its miles of sandy beaches to the Mendip and Blackdown Hills, Somerset really does have it all. So, if you’re looking for a classic and romantic wedding venue, then Somerset truly is the perfect place.
About Somerset – The Glorious CountySomerset is a county in the South West of England, bordering Gloucestershire, Bristol, Wiltshire, Dorset & Devon, and has much to offer. From the rolling hills of Mendips, the Quantock Hills and the Blackdown Hills, as well as the treasured Exmoor National Park; to the caves of Wookey Hole, the enchanting Cheddar Gorge, the miles of beaches on the North coastline, and not forgetting the infamous Glastonbury Festival. Aside from its well-known landmarks, Somerset offers some tantalising culinary treats and is renowned for its superb strawberries, cheddar cheese and of course, its cider. Somerset really is a place to behold. Offering a place of peace, relaxation, and simple beauty, it can also be the location of the happiest day of your life. Treat yourself to a truly special day to remember and book your wedding day in the stunning countryside of Somerset.
The Oakhouse Hotel – A Stunning Wedding Venue in SomersetIf you have decided that a Somerset wedding venue is for you then look no further than The Oakhouse Hotel. Situated in Axbridge, Somerset, a charming market town on the edge of the Mendip Hills, near Cheddar Gorge, The Oakhouse Hotel offers a beautiful and romantic wedding venue.
About Axbridge – A Charming Market Town in SomersetThe town of Axbridge in which The Oakhouse Hotel is located offers a plethora of history and can trace its path back to the time of King Alfred when it was one of 30 prepared to defend Wessex against the Vikings. The hotel is located within the medieval square of Axbridge and sits opposite the King John’s Hunting Lodge, an early Tudor timber-framed wool merchant’s house, now a museum that provides an insight into the local history of the town. And most importantly, opposite the hotel is the 13th century St John’s Church, a stunning and characterful place to wed before you continue the celebrations with your wedding reception at The Oakhouse Hotel.
Somerset Wedding Venue – The Oakhouse HotelOffering clients a unique wedding venue for both your wedding ceremony and reception for up to 120 guests, The Oakhouse Hotel in Somerset makes the perfect setting to toast your marriage with a glass of Somerset’s finest cider or sparkling wine. Here at The Oakhouse Hotel, we are licensed to offer civil ceremonies, however, as mentioned above we are also perfectly positioned next to the beautiful St. John’s the Baptist Church, offering you a selection of options for your all-important wedding ceremony. The Oakhouse Hotel is proud to offer our venue as an exclusive use venue, which means that from 11 am on the day of hire to 11 am the following day, our hotel, the grounds and our 10 beautifully appointed bedrooms will all be exclusively yours. Allowing you to enjoy the benefits of your very own private house/pub for your wedding celebrations, in stunning Somerset.
The Benefits of a Wedding Venue in SomersetApart from offering a simply stunning wedding location, a Somerset Wedding Venue offer a host of benefits…
- Somerset is only a 3-hour drive from London, making it the perfect wedding escape from the city without having to endure hours or even days of travel.
- Somerset offers a romantic wedding setting without the eye-watering expense of travelling abroad.
- Many wedding venues in Somerset include onsite accommodation – and this is the case at The Oakhouse Hotel – with 10 beautifully appointed bedrooms.
- Somerset offers a huge choice of wedding ceremony and reception venues within close proximity of each other allowing you to mix and match venues to make your day perfect. For example, at The Oakhouse Hotel, you can choose to hold your ceremony in the beautiful St John’s Church opposite The Oakhouse Hotel whilst holding your reception celebration at the hotel. Or if you’re looking for a fully inclusive package, we can take care of everything from the ceremony to reception and even a celebratory breakfast the next morning.
- Escape on a mini-moon or full honeymoon straight after the wedding celebrations have concluded. With so many beautiful sights in the area, you’re already perfectly positioned to take a mini-moon or full honeymoon and enjoy all that Somerset and the surrounding areas have to offer.